Welcome! ×
Atomic Mass Games Forum

For the new MODOK tactics card "Simpleton! I'll Do It Myself!", I think I’m reading this right for it to work this way.

"Choose an allied character within 3 of George Tarleton that is holding or contesting an objective token, George Tarleton is now holding that token....Then the chosen character is KO'd. You immediately score 1 VP. This card does not allow a character to hold more tokens than the crisis specifies. "

If MODOK is holding a token you can only hold 1 of, like a senator, and he uses this on an ally within 3 that has a senator also. Since he can’t take the senator away does the card still resolve? He chooses an ally with a senator. MODOK Is unable to take the senator token away from the chosen ally, so that ally keeps the token. Then the chosen character is KO'd. You immediately score 1 VP. 

Edited by sawflow

• 1 year later...
On 4/9/2023 at 9:56 AM, sawflow said:

If MODOK is holding a token you can only hold 1 of, like a senator, and he uses this on an ally within 3 that has a senator also. Since he can’t take the senator away does the card still resolve? He chooses an ally with a senator. MODOK Is unable to take the senator token away from the chosen ally, so that ally keeps the token. Then the chosen character is KO'd. You immediately score 1 VP.

No. The Multiple Things FAQ applies to this question. If M.O.D.O.K. cannot take the objective token, the rest of the effects will not resolve.