Welcome! ×
Atomic Mass Games Forum

Official tournaments/events and models used

I know he hasn't released yet and that he will be on a bigger base, but if I wanted to use the Spider-Man from the Core Set and put him on a bigger base, could I use him for the new Amazing Spider-Man once he releases (once again, as long as he was on the correct base size) at official tournaments and events?

Sorry but official AMG response only please. 

Edited by tylered85
clarification

The Spider-Man found in the core set mounted on a 50 mm base would not meet the criteria of being easily identifiable as Amazing Spider-Man without being modified to look more Amazing and so would be considered a proxy model and would not be allowed in an official event.

Are the AMG supplied scenic elements of a kit required at all in the final modelling or just the character model?

I.E. Considering how similar the two spider-man character models look, I'm not sure I'd recognize them without relying on either the base size or the scenic elements of the kit.

I'm mainly looking to make sure the model itself will still be considered fine sans radio tower

Edited by Thoras
clarify one point

• 3 weeks later...

So you are not allowed to kit bash models or personalize them without having them become unusable in official tournaments? So recently pagani put a cape on his thanos, that would be unusable? The spider man models are fairly similar besides the base terrain. That doesn’t seem consumer friendly at all 

• 1 month later...
On 5/24/2021 at 11:02 AM, Thoras said:

Are the AMG supplied scenic elements of a kit required at all in the final modelling or just the character model?

I.E. Considering how similar the two spider-man character models look, I'm not sure I'd recognize them without relying on either the base size or the scenic elements of the kit.

I'm mainly looking to make sure the model itself will still be considered fine sans radio tower

They are not, no, but they must remain recognizable as the version of the character they are representing per the rules in the OP documents.

On 6/15/2021 at 5:27 AM, Laf1388 said:

So you are not allowed to kit bash models or personalize them without having them become unusable in official tournaments? So recently pagani put a cape on his thanos, that would be unusable? The spider man models are fairly similar besides the base terrain. That doesn’t seem consumer friendly at all 

You certainly are! But you must follow the rules outlined in the organized play documents.

A Thanos with a cape would be fine assuming it still looked like Thanos.

Replacing miniatures with other miniatures is not kit bashing or customizing.

what if a character is painted a character in the scheme of another version of itself or another character for example

1.  Spiderman (peter) (cp 01) painted black/red like Spiderman (miles) cp10 
  2. vision (cp13) painted like white vision
  3. Wanda painted green  (similar to Polaris)
  4. daredevil (Cp30) painting yellow/black like classic or black/red (like shadowland)

what would the ruling be if you release a that version of the character  and they can't be distinguished at as glance.

Bases -  what does a "based" character mean will a clear base with a single rock or terrain (like Killmongers panther) count as "based", can a clear base of the correct size be legal?
Edited by DaveyDave

• 3 weeks later...

Painting a character as a different character does not make it that character.

1. This is still CP01 Spider-Man.

2. This is still CP13 Vision.

3. This is still Scarlet Witch.

4. This is still CP30 Daredevil.

If players are confused because you painted Enchantress to look like Scarlet Witch, that would be a problem.

A clear base that was painted and hobbied could be legal, yes, but a clear base alone is not a hobbied base.