Welcome! ×
Atomic Mass Games Forum

Star Wars Armada: Frequently Asked Questions

Question: If I am attacking a squadron at long range with a red die, can I use Flak Guns to replace that red die with black and then attack?

Answer: No. When Flak Guns are equipped your ship's anti-squadron armament is now only black dice, limiting you to close range attacks unless otherwise specified.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question: I'm confused by Linked Turbolaser Towers, what does it mean "while attacking the first squadron" and the FAQ explanation, can you please explain?

Answer: This means that, once during its activation, the ship may add 2 dice to an attack against the first squadron it attacks with an attack.  If you do, you cannot attack additional squadrons with that attack. This does not have to be resolved with the first attack your ship makes, only against the first squadron attacked with that attack if you wish.

Question: What does it mean by "spending a dial" with the Resolute card effect. Does it mean when I only spend a dial, or can I spend a dial & token?
Answer: This means that you can resolve the effect of Resolute as long as a dial was spent when resolving the command. This includes the spending of a dial and a token together.

Question: How does this Adi Gallia and "Redirect" resolve together? Each effect seem at odds with each other and as "Redirect" states "must suffer the remaining damage on the defending hull zone". 

Answer: When you proceed to the "Resolve damage" step. "When you suffer damage" you are able to choose and resolve the order in which each effect resolves.
By choosing to resolve Adi Gallia's effect first, you are able to move damage per that effect, and then choose to resolve the "Redirect" effect, and move damage with that effect. Any remaining damage then "must" be suffered on the defending hull zone.
If a player chooses to resolve the "Redirect" effect first, they would not be able to resolve Adi Gallia's effect.

Question: How does Adi Gallia and XI7 Turbolasers interact?

Answer: This depends on the order of effects, as resolved by the defender. 

If no "Redirect" token is spent for the "Redirect" effect, there is no interaction.
If the defender resolves Adi Gallia before resolving "Redirect", XI7 Turbolasers has no effect on Adi Gallia's effect.
If the defender resolves "Redirect" before resolving Adi Gallia, they must adhere to the restrictions put in place by XI7 Turbolasers while resolving Adi Gallia.

Question: How do Barriss Offee and Salvo interact? Which hull zone is referenced to resolve the Salvo attack?

Answer:  Salvo would use the new defending hull zone, but the attack would use the same "measurements for attack range and line-of-sight as the originating attack."

Question: How does Barriss Offee work with the objective "Superior Positions"?

Answer: Superior Positions will resolve, and the attacking player will gain a victory token, if the current defending hull zone is the rear hull zone when damage is suffered.

Question: If I draw line of sight over a shield dial and that dial is also overlapping an obstacle, is the attack obstructed?"

Answer: The attack is obstructed only if line of sight is traced through an obstacle token as well. When tracing line of sight, ignore ships’ shield dials and the plastic portions of the base that frame the shield dial.
If necessary, the ship’s owner may mark that ship’s position, lift it out of the way to remove its shield dial, then return it. Before lifting the ship or removing its shield dial, note the numeric value that is showing.

Question: For the Objectives "Infested Fields" and "Dangerous Territory",  If a Ship or squadron is "placed" or "deployed" overlapping an obstacle that has an objective token on it, can it remove that objective token to gain 1 victory token?

Answer: No, a ship or squadron can only remove the objective token on an obstacle when it overlaps after moving. 

Question:  Can a ship with no "printed rear armament" spend a Salvo defense token or resolve the Salvo effect against ships?  

Answer: Yes, but the attack would end in the "Roll Attack Dice" step since no dice are able to be gathered.

Question: Would the use of Admiral Ackbar's effect prevent a ship from resolving Salvo's effect from the front or rear hull zones?

Answer: Yes. Admiral Ackbar's effect persists the entire round and would prevent attacks from those zones.

Question: Can you move Obstacles or Objective Tokens off the play area with effects?

Answer: No.

Question: Can you move Objective Tokens with "Strategic" and place them underneath ships or squadrons? Can you move them out from underneath ships and squadrons?

Answer: Yes. Yes.

Question: Can card effects such as Admiral KonstantineLuminara, General Grievous, Kraken, etc be used in conjunction with Unarmed Stations?

Answer: Yes, unarmed stations "are treated as ships when resolving effects." with no size class and considered friendly to the player that controls their station card.

Question: For Jedi Hostage, if I'm attacking, can I choose to gain a raid token I already have assigned?

Answer: No.

Question: For Jedi Hostage, if I'm attacking, what is the timing of when I'm assigned a raid token?

Answer: At the beginning of the "Declare Target" step of the attack.