Welcome! ×
Atomic Mass Games Forum

Tactical Card Magnetic Crush, precision ?

Hello,

Can I play Magneto's "Mecanic crush" tactical card when I am not activating Magneto during my turn but another character or even during the activation of another character?

(Because I saw that the rules specify for other cards like Seven Sun Cinnibus from Dr Strange, that it must be played during its activation etc ...)

Again a big thank you Negoldar

Please explain.

Does this mean that Magneto would interrupt the activation of the originally activated character, made his attack, and then continue with the normal activation of the turn? Can Magneto do it if he has an Activated token? Does he "consume" one of the actions of the active character?

Or does your answer simply mean that you can play the card, but as Magneto is not the personality being activated he is not able to make an attack action?

Thanks for the clarification!!

1 hour ago, Oskar said:

Or does your answer simply mean that you can play the card, but as Magneto is not the personality being activated he is not able to make an attack action?

This.

To expand upon my answer above…

The card can be played anytime during one of your activations to give him this attack that he can use during that activation. It does not allow him to immediately use the attack for free or use the currently active character’s actions to use the attack. Generally I would not recommend using this card unless Magneto is the character currently activating.

Oh ok

So apart from Cruelty (which is a reaction to a free attack) almost all of the other attacks on the Tactical cards replace the character's 1 attack action during his own activation. Is it better to see him like that?

I think it's the way the TTCs are written that disturbed me, for example between thanos and magnetic crush.

Thanks you