Welcome! ×
Atomic Mass Games Forum

Fifth Brother w/ Homing Missiles

Homing Missiles Reads:

Attack [Lock Required]: Spend 1 Charge . After you declare the defender, the defender may choose to suffer 1  damage. If it does, skip the Attack and Defense Dice steps and the attack is treated as hitting.

Fifth Brother's Ability Reads:

While you perform an attack, after the Neutralize Results step, if the attack hit, you may spend 2 Force to add 1 Crit result.

I've seen people say that you can use Fifth Brother's Ability when the defender chooses to suffer the damage to add another Crit on top of the Hit, but me and a buddy are disagreeing on this. He says that because we're skipping the attack and defense dice steps that we can't add a Crit result. I looked around and couldn't find this specific case in the forums. What do you guys think?

If Fifth Brother (TIE v1) attacks with Homing Missiles, and the defender chooses to suffer 1 damage, skip the Attack and Defense Dice steps (Attack steps 2 and 3).  All other steps are still observed.  After the Neutralize Results step, you may resolve Fifth Brother's ability, which adds a critical hit.  The defender suffers this critical hit during the Deal Damage step.

• Dee Y locked this topic