Welcome! ×
Atomic Mass Games Forum

Anatomy of a Turn

The linked thread ties a turn and activation(s) together more than I realized based on other interactions. I previously assumed the end of the turn functioned the same as the start of the turn, in that it was entirely independent of the activation (other than an activation needing to occur within a turn).

This meant that you'd need two separate "end" declarations and could do things in between the end of an activation and the end of your turn (The same as you can do things between the start of your turn and the start of an activation).

However, the linked thread shifts my understanding and if I were to sum it up, I think it would be that...

- The start of the turn isn't in anyway related to the start of an activation.

- However, the end of a turn is tied to the end of the last activation of that turn.

We know from other threads that the gaining of the activation token isn't related to the end of the activation...so I don't see this impacting a normal activation much at the moment.

Similar to the linked thread then, this means that if a model is dazed mid activation by an effect(say a counter strike) (and there is no ability allowing them to trigger the activation of a different model), this now means that the players turn is also automatically ended and they have no chance to play tactics cards, correct?

Edited by Thoras

On 7/9/2021 at 6:05 PM, Thoras said:

Similar to the linked thread then, this means that if a model is dazed mid activation by an effect(say a counter strike) (and there is no ability allowing them to trigger the activation of a different model), this now means that the players turn is also automatically ended and they have no chance to play tactics cards, correct?

That is correct. 

Is there a specific time before your turn ends to play Field Dressing with an already activated character into your last character who has just played all you’ve got? Or as it was your last activation, the character that plays all you’ve got can’t be field dressed by another activated character? I can’t seem to find the right answer...

Thanks! Looking to clarify a bit based on bad wording on my part.

What this boils down to is:
- If your last character activation for the turn is over, you automatically transition into the end of your turn
- Meaning once your last activation of the turn is over, you can no longer use abilities other than reactive abilities that trigger on the "end of your turn" or a similar wording?

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/13/2021 at 5:51 PM, RoockieBoy said:

Is there a specific time before your turn ends to play Field Dressing with an already activated character into your last character who has just played all you’ve got? Or as it was your last activation, the character that plays all you’ve got can’t be field dressed by another activated character? I can’t seem to find the right answer...

The turn ends when the activation ends. So there will not be timing after the activation ends to play Field Dressing. 

On 7/14/2021 at 11:17 AM, Thoras said:

Thanks! Looking to clarify a bit based on bad wording on my part.

What this boils down to is:
- If your last character activation for the turn is over, you automatically transition into the end of your turn
- Meaning once your last activation of the turn is over, you can no longer use abilities other than reactive abilities that trigger on the "end of your turn" or a similar wording?

Essentially, yes. Reactive effects trigger when their conditions are met. If anything resolving at the end of the turn would trigger one, it will still occur. 

22 hours ago, Negoldar said:

Essentially, yes. Reactive effects trigger when their conditions are met. If anything resolving at the end of the turn would trigger one, it will still occur. 

Perfect, thanks!