Welcome! ×
Atomic Mass Games Forum

Hulkbusters Leadership Confusion

I'm sure I'm just missing a subtle rules interaction, but at the moment I'm failing to wrap my head around what the phrasing of the Hulkbusters Leadership means compared to how other Leaderships are phrased.

It says that when the character is put into play, you are still using the Hulkbuster Leadership ability.

The only thing I can think of is that this is meant to head off arguments over your Leader being removed, this ending use of the Leadership ability. That feels unnecessary to me though. Is there a rules interaction I'm overlooking?

52 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

The only thing I can think of is that this is meant to head off arguments over your Leader being removed, this ending use of the Leadership ability. That feels unnecessary to me though. Is there a rules interaction I'm overlooking?

There is no mechanism in the core rules for activating a leadership on a character after another character with an active leadership ability has left the battlefield. 

The last line in Hulkbusters creates the required rule to keep it active when Iron Man enters the field when Auto Ejector System is triggered or when Always Have a Backup is used and Hulkbuster enters the battlefield.