Welcome! ×
Atomic Mass Games Forum

Thanos cosmic blast, titans will trigger

Thanos attacks Vision with the cosmic blast and vision is in his enhanced density form which means he cannot be pushed.

Thanos rolls a wild to trigger the titans will special rule. The second sentence in that is "the pushed character receives the slow special condition".

If vision cannot be pushed, does he still receive the slow or is being pushed a pre-condition for gaining the slow?

This is covered by this entry in the FAQ

Q: When an effect lists multiple things happening but I cannot do
part of the effect, do the other portions of the effect still happen?

A: Superpowers or special rules that list a series of events that
are related must meet each event for the next event to occur. For
example, the Martial Prowess super power states Gamora rolls 5
defense dice instead of her normal defense. It then goes on to state
if she suffers no damage from the attack an effect occurs. If she were
to use Martial Prowess and something else were to occur causing
her to no longer roll defense dice the secondary effect would not
occur.
Some special rules will also list additional effects. When this
happens either a line break will separate the effects or the word
Additionally will appear showing that this is now a new effect.

19 minutes ago, Morgan Reid said:

1. Can you please confirm the short answer to the original question is 'no' then?

2. If so, can we also assume that if a character is backstopped by terrain/other and cannot be pushed by the Cosmic Blast then they also do not receive the Slow condition?

1. Vision would not gain the Slow special condition because he cannot be pushed. 

2. You cannot. Assuming the character is not affected by a special rule that prevents pushes like Enhanced Density then they are still pushed even if it is physically impossible to move the character due to existing contact with terrain features or other characters. 

Thank you.

Noting the answers to the questions above:

- If Winter Solider attacks Vision (Enhanced Density) with Red Fury, I assume he will not be able to do his follow up Assault Rifle attack?

- If Winter Solider attacks a character ('not-Vision') who is backstopped and cannot be Pushed away by Red Fury, I assume he will be able to do his follow up Assault Rifle attack?

Thank you

2 minutes ago, Morgan Reid said:

Thank you.

Noting the answers to the questions above:

- If Winter Solider attacks Vision (Enhanced Density) with Red Fury, I assume he will not be able to do his follow up Assault Rifle attack?

- If Winter Solider attacks a character ('not-Vision') who is backstopped and cannot be Pushed away by Red Fury, I assume he will be able to do his follow up Assault Rifle attack?

Thank you

You are correct in both scenarios.