Jump to content
Welcome! ×
Atomic Mass Games Forum

Clarifications on multilple reactions.


Recommended Posts

I have seen answered elsewhere that if for example, Winter Soldier used Red Fury, and followed it up with a free Assault rifle, and a extra proc off of that, someone like Venom would not respond with So Many Snacks till after all 3 attacks finished.

I follow that.

What I want to clarify is a situation like this:

Say it's still W.Soldier, but it's Taskmaster with his Photographic Reflexes.  WS does the same 3 attacks off of 1 action chain as above..

When all 3 are finished, would Taskmaster then be able to use P.Reflexes 3 times in a row?

If so, would you be responding to the 3rd attack first, or the 1st? This matters because of the 4/6 dice difference on Taskmaster. So please clarify if it is 3 responses, would you be rolling 4-6-6?, 6-6-4?

In a situation like this, would Taskmaster's controller have to pay and announce his intent to use P.Reflexes after each of Soldier's attacks, or could he wait till it was his turn to use responses and then announce and pay for all 3?

Thank you for your time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, BowerPower said:

When all 3 are finished, would Taskmaster then be able to use P.Reflexes 3 times in a row?

That is essentially right. If the attacker has other triggers that resolve after the extra attacks those resolve first which could interrupt your Photographic Reflexes chain. 

4 hours ago, BowerPower said:

If so, would you be responding to the 3rd attack first, or the 1st? This matters because of the 4/6 dice difference on Taskmaster. So please clarify if it is 3 responses, would you be rolling 4-6-6?, 6-6-4?

You would respond to the third attack, then the second, and finally the first. 

You would roll 6 dice for each because the condition for rolling 6 dice is met for all of the attacks. 

4 hours ago, BowerPower said:

In a situation like this, would Taskmaster's controller have to pay and announce his intent to use P.Reflexes after each of Soldier's attacks, or could he wait till it was his turn to use responses and then announce and pay for all 3?

You would announce and pay for each as they are triggered. The first of which would be triggered after the third attack.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So in regards to the last bit, you are saying Taskmaster would not have to pay anything till after all the attackers follow ups are done? So, Red Fury, Assault, Assault, and THEN start paying for Reflexes(assuming no other interaction?)

I'm baffled by the "all 3 get 6 dice" part as well. Can you explain how it is that none of the 3 attacks get the 4 dice? The 2 dice bonus is for if Taskmaster has already been targeted by a character that round, so shouldn't the first attack in the chain count as only worth 4 dice since prior to that attack he was never targeted?
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, BowerPower said:

So, Red Fury, Assault, Assault, and THEN start paying for Reflexes(assuming no other interaction?)

Assuming no other interactions, yes. Make sure to resolve each Photographic Reflex before declaring and paying the power cost of the next. 

19 minutes ago, BowerPower said:

Can you explain how it is that none of the 3 attacks get the 4 dice?

Photographic Reflexes triggers and resolves during step 14b of the attack sequence and the Red Fury triggers will trigger and resolve within step 14a. 

This results in a scenario where Taskmaster has been attacked 3 times before Photographic Reflexes can be used so all uses of Photographic Reflexes will be at 6 dice as per its rules. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...