Welcome! ×
Atomic Mass Games Forum

"Rolling attack dice" / "Rolling defense dice" timing

Effects that trigger when rolling attack or defense dice will trigger and be paid for after that step occurs. This will be at the end of step 6 for special rules that trigger when rolling attack dice and at the end of step 7 for special rules that trigger when rolling defense dice

I just want to make sure I have this right, can I check what we are saying here is:

1) Characters who re-roll states ' After this characters rolls attack or defense dice, it may reroll X number of dice - they must now declare, and pay the power for said re-rolls before any crits are resolved?

2) anyone where it clearly states during 'calculate success' do not have to pay for the power upfront?

3) nothing has changed for characters that have, or provide re-rolls that are no cost?

Is this right or have I oversimplified it? Also if 1) is correct, does the attacking player declare their re-rolls before the defending player has rolled their initial dice pool??

1. Correct.

2. If that is when the superpower is used, yes.

3. It doesn’t have any connection to whether the power costs to pay for, it has a connection to the timing that the power is used. 

4. Yes, the attacking character declares before the defender rolls their initial dice pool if the superpower is used “after rolling attack dice”

So, to better understand, if the effect is triggered and paid after step 6/7, does it mean I would be able to pay at that point for rerolls of any dice added afterwards? And thus, all rerolls would happen at the usual step. Or are these rerolls taking place at the time they are paid for?

The timing of the actual rerolls are still in step 9 at the appropriate substep. The declaration of the ability and the payment of power is used in step 6 or 7 depending on if the character is attacking or defending, respectively.

When you have to roll  the dices than trigger in step 6 or 7. After step 6 (before step 7) and/or final step 7, or in step 9????? For example, Beast Pay 2 (in step 7) for rerrol 2 dice in defense.  When roll its dices, after step 7 or in step 9. Thanks

The rerolls still happen in step 9 at the appropriate substep.