Jump to content
Welcome! ×
Atomic Mass Games Forum

Blade leadership ability limitations


Recommended Posts

Blade's leadership ability states that it can be used "at any time during [that] allied character's activation". Does this mean it can be used whenever the allied character isn't already in the middle of something (such as performing an attack), or at literally any time?

For example, could it be used to bump out of the range of a reactive power that lets an enemy make an attack? The ally attacks an enemy and resolves the attack, enemy character spends power to use a reactive superpower to make an attack, and before the enemy targets the ally and measures the range, the ally uses the leadership to bump themselves backwards from the enemy?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, 238ra said:

Blade's leadership ability states that it can be used "at any time during [that] allied character's activation". Does this mean it can be used whenever the allied character isn't already in the middle of something (such as performing an attack), or at literally any time?

Option number 1. Anytime abilities are not literally anytime. Check out the “any time abilities” explanation box on page 17 of the online rulebook.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Thoras said:

Option number 1. Anytime abilities are not literally anytime. Check out the “any time abilities” explanation box on page 17 of the online rulebook.

So would it be able to be used in the example I gave? After the ally attack resolves, but before the enemy "After an attack against this character" is resolved trigger? It's after the attack action, but before the enemy trigger?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, 238ra said:

So would it be able to be used in the example I gave? After the ally attack resolves, but before the enemy "After an attack against this character" is resolved trigger? It's after the attack action, but before the enemy trigger?

Unfortunately, no, it wouldn’t. “After the attack” abilities are actually still during the attack.

If you check out Appendix A from the online rulebook, you can see an attack steps through 14 distinct steps all of which have various sub steps. “After the attack is resolved” is step 14, the final step of resolving an attack.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Thoras locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...