Welcome! ×
Atomic Mass Games Forum

Ghost Spider's Life Saver vs Black Swan - Everything Dies

How would Life Saver work in this situation?

Black Swan attacks  Model A with Everything Dies,   and part of the initial attack ,rolls a wild to trigger "Follow up"

Could Ghost Spider use Life Saver to pull Model A away after the initial attack is resolved, but before the Eye Beam attack occurs?

If so, and Life Saver was able to pull Model A outside of Eye Beams range (r3) at this point,  would Black Swans special rule of "ignoring range and LOS "  apply and the attack would continue?

I found this article as a partial reference, but I think Black Swan's rules are a bit different here than Shield Throw. 

38 minutes ago, ScottyB said:

How would Life Saver work in this situation?

In Appendix A’s timing chart the Follow Up effect of Everything Dies resolves in step 14a.

Life Saver resolves in step 2d, negating the entire attack but also likely granting Black Swan another action. 

I think I may have mistyped the question.   If Life Saver is used when the Eye Beam attack is declared as part of the "Follow Up" trigger, would the Eye Beam attack be cancelled, or proceed?

At step 14a of the Initial Attack,    "Follow Up" is triggered  and then Eye Beam attack is declared.

Once Eye Beam is declared,  then Life Saver is used to pull Model A out of range of the attack.       Would the Eye Beam attack continue as it ignores range and LOS,  or would that attack end.

1 hour ago, ScottyB said:

I think I may have mistyped the question.   If Life Saver is used when the Eye Beam attack is declared as part of the "Follow Up" trigger, would the Eye Beam attack be cancelled, or proceed?

Ah. I see now. I misunderstood that. 

Life Saver does not consider the special rules of an attack. If you satisfy the conditions to stop the attack outlined in Life Saver, the attack will be stopped. 

• 3 weeks later...

If you stopped the follow up Eye Beam with lifesaver, then that would also trigger giving Swan a bonus 3rd action to use as well, right? It doesn't matter that the beam was nested within another action, in similar vein to charge/ferocity/etc.

21 hours ago, Wotsnik said:

If you stopped the follow up Eye Beam with lifesaver, then that would also trigger giving Swan a bonus 3rd action to use as well, right? It doesn't matter that the beam was nested within another action, in similar vein to charge/ferocity/etc.

If Life Savers conditions to grant a new action are satisfied, yes. It doesn't matter if the attack is occurring within another attack.