Welcome! ×
Atomic Mass Games Forum

Red Skull, Master of Hydra and Occult Research timing

I believe I have this correct, but was curious about effect timing during the power phase.

Red skull, Master of Hydra is my squad leader, and goes into the power phase with 7 power while securing an infinity formula, and wants to use the occult research tactic card. He gains one power at the beginning of the power phase, and one from his leadership for contesting an objective during the player effect portion of the power phase. He would have to play the card now, but only has 9 power. During the non-player effect of the power phase, he gains an additional power from the infinity formula, but has passed the window to play the card. Is this correct?

In a slightly different scenario; Red Skull is still my leader and contesting an infinity formula. He goes into the power phase with 10 power. He can't gain additional power at the beginning of the power phase as he is full on power. He then plays Occult Research during the player effect portion of the phase, draining his power. He gains a power for his leadership during this portion of the phase, and another for the formula during the non-player effect portion of the phase, entering the activation phase with 2 power. Correct?

13 hours ago, Hugotheargonaut said:

Red skull, Master of Hydra is my squad leader, and goes into the power phase with 7 power while securing an infinity formula, and wants to use the occult research tactic card. He gains one power at the beginning of the power phase, and one from his leadership for contesting an objective during the player effect portion of the power phase. He would have to play the card now, but only has 9 power. During the non-player effect of the power phase, he gains an additional power from the infinity formula, but has passed the window to play the card. Is this correct?

Correct 

13 hours ago, Hugotheargonaut said:

In a slightly different scenario; Red Skull is still my leader and contesting an infinity formula. He goes into the power phase with 10 power. He can't gain additional power at the beginning of the power phase as he is full on power. He then plays Occult Research during the player effect portion of the phase, draining his power. He gains a power for his leadership during this portion of the phase, and another for the formula during the non-player effect portion of the phase, entering the activation phase with 2 power. Correct?

Correct