Welcome! ×
Atomic Mass Games Forum

Compel, Dauntless and Panic

What is the exact timing of Compel and Dauntless with regards to the Panic check?

• If a unit begins its Perform Actions step while panicked, it cannot perform any actions or free actions
  • After another trooper unit at range 1–2 of a friendly unit with the Compel keyword performs its Rally step and is suppressed but not panicked, at the beginning of its Perform Action step, it may gain one suppression token to perform a free move action.
  • After a unit with the Dauntless keyword performs its Rally step and is suppressed but not panicked, it may gain one suppression token to perform a free move action.

It sounds to me that the effect of Dauntless occurs before the Perform Actions step, so it is possible to panic the unit (and loosing all actions) by using the free move.

However, Compel has both triggers at the beginning of the Perform Action step. As the active player, I can choose the sequence so that I don‘t loose my action(s) to becoming panicked by Compel.

Is this correct?

Hello, MaPhi,

You have read the entries correctly. Dauntless is intended to have the same timing as Compel; the suppression and free move will occur at the beginning of the Perform Actions step. This will be made more clear in a future update.

Thanks!