Welcome! ×
Atomic Mass Games Forum

Hi there,

I'm reading through the new Rules trying to understand how deployment works and I'm a little confused with Infiltrate. the wording on infiltrate is

"at the start of an undeployed unit with infiltrate keywords activation, it may deploy by placing the unit leader within friendly territory"

will the infiltrating unit have both actions after this deployment? when I looked at deployment it seemed like deploying usually takes an action because it is technically a move action off the edge of the board. since the infiltrating unit isn't taking a move action my guess is that infiltrating doesn't take an action, unless this is technically a card action?

Hi there,

There are several game effects that allow a unit to deploy. The most common such method, given in the Deploying Units call-out box, describes how to proceed when an undeployed unit performs a move, the most common moves being performed as part of a move action. Other game effects that deploy units do not require an action, unless specified.

Note, "When an undeployed unit activates, it must deploy and may not perform any action that is not a move until it deploys." If a unit is deployed prior to its Perform Actions step, such as by using the Infiltrate keyword at the start of its activation, it will not be limited by this restriction and may perform any first action of its choice!

-----------------------------------

18 hours ago, Biobuster said:

will the infiltrating unit have both actions after this deployment?

Yes they will.

Hope this helps,
Seth

• Seth locked this topic