Welcome! ×
Atomic Mass Games Forum

If a ground vehicle is covering a proton/dioxide/thermal/etc charge token when it detonates, I have a couple questions about what happens:

1: If it is a LOS blocking vehicle, I assume it blocks the exploding token's LOS to any other unit, but that it does have LOS to the vehicle currently covering it? If it is only partially covered, can the token draw LOS from any uncovered part of itself?

2: If the vehicle has (eg.) Weakness: Rear 1, would the exploding token's attack gain Impact 1 if it was underneath or partially underneath the rear quadrant of the vehicle's base? ie. does the arc of Weakness start from the edge of the base and extend outwards, or does it start in the middle of the base and include those parts of the base itself?

Cheers!

Hello!

On 4/22/2023 at 10:07 AM, BofaaDiznatz said:

If it is a LOS blocking vehicle, I assume it blocks the exploding token's LOS to any other unit, but that it does have LOS to the vehicle currently covering it?

Note that you do not draw LOS "from" a charge token. You determine LOS from the affected units to the charge token, as per the Detonate X entry; this should be easier on the players!

That clarification aside, it will indeed block LOS to the token for other units, provided the vehicle in question blocks LOS (i.e. it is not a repulsor vehicle).

As LOS is drawn from any part of the mini's silhouette, the vehicle's base will not block its own LOS. Therefore yes, the vehicle unit will have LOS to the charge token it is overlapping.

On 4/22/2023 at 10:07 AM, BofaaDiznatz said:

2: If the vehicle has (eg.) Weakness: Rear 1, would the exploding token's attack gain Impact 1 if it was underneath or partially underneath the rear quadrant of the vehicle's base? ie. does the arc of Weakness start from the edge of the base and extend outwards, or does it start in the middle of the base and include those parts of the base itself?

Correct, an attack made as a result of a detonated charge token will benefit from the Weak Point keyword provided any part of the token is in the designated arc. The arc "begins" at the center point of the base and projects outward.

Hope this helps,
Seth

• Seth locked this topic