Welcome! ×
Atomic Mass Games Forum

You can balance vehicles on terrain as long as they don't exceed 45 degrees as long as they are not unstable.

Often, legion games are played on slick mats and with very light plastic terrain.

Can I count a vehicle (something that is heavy with a low center of gravity like a saber tank) as balanced if it is the terrain itself that is pushed away by the vehicle, because the terrain is too light and the ground is slick? A solid resin building might provide more stability than a light mdf building, for example.

As far as I can tell, there is no 45 degree balancing rule for infantry.  They simply cannot be partially overlapping terrain.

What do you do if a piece of terrain is, for example, a somewhat steep plastic hill that causes miniatures to fall over when placed?  (Both terrain that is very steep and slightly steep?).  Miniatures are light and don't always have a great center of gravity.  Even slight slopes or curves, combined with low friction materials or few points of contact due to the flat nature of a miniature base, can cause miniatures to fall over.

If they must be stable, what about miniatures that are on flight stands like arc troopers?  It can be impossible to balance a flying arc trooper with its high center of gravity.

Thanks

Hi,

10 hours ago, Ilostmycactus said:

Can I count a vehicle (something that is heavy with a low center of gravity like a saber tank) as balanced if it is the terrain itself that is pushed away by the vehicle, because the terrain is too light and the ground is slick?

The miniature is not stable in that position if it is knocking over/aside terrain upon which you are attempting to place it. Terrain should not be moved to make way for miniatures.

As far as I can tell, there is no 45 degree balancing rule for infantry.  They simply cannot be partially overlapping terrain.

Correct; trooper miniatures cannot partially overlap obstacle terrain.

What do you do if a piece of terrain is, for example, a somewhat steep plastic hill that causes miniatures to fall over when placed? 

The miniature is not stable at that position if it is if it cannot rest there unassisted. In this scenario, the unit cannot end a move there. 

Hope this helps,
Seth

• Seth locked this topic