Welcome! ×
Atomic Mass Games Forum

Would you be able to seize the initiative on a unit after using battle meditation to give their order to someone else?

I am imagining a scenario where Yoda and Rex are in an army and the Rex 1 pip command card is played. Could I use battle meditation from Yoda to give the order to Yoda and then use seize the initiative on Rex to give himself a face up order as well? 

let me know if this works!

Hello,

The text of the Battle Meditation upgrade card, as given in the Star Wars: Legion Errata Reference, specifies that "While you are issuing orders using a command card..." you may issue that order to an alternative unit. An order issued using the Seize the Initiative upgrade card is not considered to have been issued using a command card and may not be manipulated by Battle Meditation in this way, in the event that a character has both upgrade cards equipped.

---------------------------

3 hours ago, Joe Joe Binks said:

I am imagining a scenario where Yoda and Rex are in an army and the Rex 1 pip command card is played. Could I use battle meditation from Yoda to give the order to Yoda and then use seize the initiative on Rex to give himself a face up order as well? 

let me know if this works!

This does not work, for two reasons: Yoda is not issuing orders (Rex is), and Seize the Initiative is not an order issued using a command card.

Hope this helps,
Seth

• Seth locked this topic