Welcome! ×
Atomic Mass Games Forum

Experimental Droids chosen commander

For the experimental droids surge token ability, it says to choose a commander at the beginning of each activation phase to put the surge tokens on its unit card. It goes on to say that during a unit's activation, it may free action spend a token from the "chosen" commander. If I have a second commander unit that I have chosen a previous turn to have placed surge tokens on per the ability, and did not spend them all so they remain the next turn, can a unit still spend surge tokens from it, or would I be unable to as it is not the "chosen" commander for that turn?

Hello,

On 9/20/2023 at 2:34 PM, BobtheSwift said:

It goes on to say that during a unit's activation, it may free action spend a token from the "chosen" commander.

That is correct - units may spend surge tokens on the unit card of the chosen commander each round. If there is a second commander, units may not spend surge tokens off of its unit card until a round in which it is chosen (and will gain 3 additional surge tokens).

On 9/20/2023 at 2:34 PM, BobtheSwift said:

If I have a second commander unit that I have chosen a previous turn to have placed surge tokens on per the ability, and did not spend them all so they remain the next turn, can a unit still spend surge tokens from it, or would I be unable to as it is not the "chosen" commander for that turn?

Units are unable to spend surge tokens placed on a commander that was not the chosen commander at the beginning of the round. 

Hope this helps,
Seth

• Seth locked this topic