Welcome! ×
Atomic Mass Games Forum

Assume Fifth Brother has offensive stance equipped. His player has already played You Would Question Me? granting the token generation ability.

Fifth Brother takes an aim action, and he gains 2 aim tokens. As a result, Seventh Sister gains 2 dodges. In the post I link below, it’s stated that the immobilize, token-doubling ability can only once during a “triggering event.” 

My question then is: If Fifth Brother takes an immobilize token, will Seventh Sister gain 1 or 2 additional dodge tokens? In other words, is the “triggering event” gaining each aim token (2 events) or the aim action (1 event)?

Hi there,

14 minutes ago, Oopoehee said:

Fifth Brother takes an aim action, and he gains 2 aim tokens. As a result, Seventh Sister gains 2 dodges. In the post I link below, it’s stated that the immobilize, token-doubling ability can only once during a “triggering event.” 

The "event" is Fifth Brother gaining an aim or dodge token. If he gains two tokens due to Offensive Stance/Defensive Stance, that is two opportunities to apply the further effects of the You Would Question Me? command card.

My question then is: If Fifth Brother takes an immobilize token, will Seventh Sister gain 1 or 2 additional dodge tokens?

Seventh Sister will gain one additional token if Fifth Brother takes an immobilize token.

In other words, is the “triggering event” gaining each aim token (2 events) or the aim action (1 event)?

The effects of the You Would Question Me? command card occur when either Inquisitor gains a token; it is not based on aim or dodge actions.

If Fifth Brother gains an aim token, Seventh Sister will gain a dodge token. Either of them may gain an immobilize token during this process to grant an additional token to the other. If Fifth Brother gains an additional aim token using Offensive Stance, Seventh Sister will gain a dodge token as well, and this is again an opportunity for either of them to gain an immobilize token and apply the further effects of the command card.

Hope this helps,
Seth

• Seth locked this topic