Welcome! ×
Atomic Mass Games Forum

Mercenary specific cards and no Mercenary commander

Hello,

I have a question for cards like Aggression.

If I am playing a list with no mercenary commanders can I take these cards? 

If I can take these cards who can I nominate if I don't have a mercenary commander?

I know that normally Operatives cannot be nominated with the exception of their specific cards, but could I nominate a Mercenary operative for these cards?

Thanks!

Edited: Card name because i am confused and my coffee has not kicked in yet

Edited by Almostmeek

Hello!

13 hours ago, Almostmeek said:

If I am playing a list with no mercenary commanders can I take these cards? 

Yes. The command cards in question - PloyAggression, and Discretion - do not specify a particular unit needs to be in your army, nor that they are exclusive to a particular faction.

If I can take these cards who can I nominate if I don't have a mercenary commander?

You may not play Aggression or Discretion, as the card text specifies you must nominate a mercenary commander unit, and you do not have one to nominate.

I know that normally Operatives cannot be nominated with the exception of their specific cards, but could I nominate a Mercenary operative for these cards?

You may nominate a mercenary operative for the Ploy card, as it specifically states you may do so. As Aggression and Discretion require a mercenary commander, a mercenary operative may not be the nominated commander.

Hope that helps!
Seth

• Seth locked this topic