Welcome! ×
Atomic Mass Games Forum

For this entire post's quandries, we're going to assume we're using Captain Rex.

1. Air Support. Can Captain Rex elect to not use the beam 2 keyword to instead make a gunslinger attack using the weapon on the Air Support command card?

1b. If Rex can gunslinger the Airsupport weapon after choosing not to use beam 2, can he apply beam 2 to the gunslingered attack? (I'm fairly certain i know this answer, but I figured I'd throw it in here for clarification)

2. Gunslinger states that you form an attack pool consisting solely of a ranged weapon that has already contributed to another attack pool. Does this allow or disallow firesupport, as it would seem that firesupport adds weapons to another units pool, and may not be part of the initial pool formation.

2b. Because gunslinger forms an attack pool with a weapon that has already contributed to another attack pool, if I firesupport a Z-6 into Rex's first attack, does he then get to shoot a Z-6 for his gunslinger attack, as it was part of the initial attack pool?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

On 7/23/2023 at 8:45 PM, Pally said:

1. Air Support. Can Captain Rex elect to not use the beam 2 keyword to instead make a gunslinger attack using the weapon on the Air Support command card?

Yes. As stated in the Beam X keyword entry, units may not use the Beam X and Gunslinger keywords during the same attack. When this attack reaches the Declare Additional Defenders step, they may use either keyword to declare one or more additional defenders, but not both.

1b. If Rex can gunslinger the Airsupport weapon after choosing not to use beam 2, can he apply beam 2 to the gunslingered attack? (I'm fairly certain i know this answer, but I figured I'd throw it in here for clarification)

No. This would be using both of the keywords during the same attack sequence.

2. Gunslinger states that you form an attack pool consisting solely of a ranged weapon that has already contributed to another attack pool. Does this allow or disallow firesupport, as it would seem that firesupport adds weapons to another units pool, and may not be part of the initial pool formation.

A friendly unit may use Fire Support to add eligible weapons' attack dice to the second target declared with the Gunslinger keyword. The unit with Gunslinger may declare and create an additional attack pool consisting of one weapon used prior. This does not prevent a unit with Fire Support from adding additional weapons.

2b. Because gunslinger forms an attack pool with a weapon that has already contributed to another attack pool, if I firesupport a Z-6 into Rex's first attack, does he then get to shoot a Z-6 for his gunslinger attack, as it was part of the initial attack pool?

No; Clone Commander Rex may not form an attack pool with a weapon he does not have (on his unit card or gained otherwise).

Hope this helps,
Seth 

• Seth locked this topic