Welcome! ×
Atomic Mass Games Forum

Log Traps says the Ewok Trapper unit gets to make the printed attack at the start of the activation phase.  Does this follow the normal timing rules when there are simultaneous effects that occur at the start of activation?  In particular:

- Can I order the attack with my own Independent keyword abilities to make the attacking unit have a surge (for Slingers) or an aim (given via a Logray with Aid) before making the attack?

- If I have priority (because my opponent played a 2, 3, or 4 pip card) does my Log Trap attack occur before any of my opponent's Independent keyword effects?

- If we both play Log Traps and I have won priority, can I stop my opponent from making their Log Traps attack by using my Log Traps attack to defeat my opponent's only unit with an Ewok Trapper?

Hello,

23 minutes ago, RulesLawyerLV said:

Does this follow the normal timing rules when there are simultaneous effects that occur at the start of activation? 

Yes; you would refer to the Timing section for resolving simultaneous effects if there are other game effects that occur at the beginning of the Activation Phase.

- Can I order the attack with my own Independent keyword abilities to make the attacking unit have a surge (for Slingers) or an aim (given via a Logray with Aid) before making the attack?

Yes.

- If I have priority (because my opponent played a 2, 3, or 4 pip card) does my Log Trap attack occur before any of my opponent's Independent keyword effects?

Yes, as the player with priority will resolve all of their "start of Activation Phase" effects before the other player resolves theirs.

- If we both play Log Traps and I have won priority, can I stop my opponent from making their Log Traps attack by using my Log Traps attack to defeat my opponent's only unit with an Ewok Trapper?

Yes, as your opponent will no longer have a unit with an Ewok Trapper with which to resolve the attack.

Hope this helps,
Seth

• Seth locked this topic