Welcome! ×
Atomic Mass Games Forum

Scouting Party and Advanced Positions

Does scouting party work with advanced positions? Advanced positions gives all troopers scout 1. Can I voluntarily not use scout 1 from AP in order to be eligible for scouting party? For example, playing AP with wicket with forest dwellers, he would have scout 3. Can I use scouting party on 2 nearby units to give them scout 3 or because they technically have scouting party from AP they cannot? Or as long as they don't scout from AP or forest dwellers they are eligible for wickets scouting party? Thanks for the clarification!

Hello,

47 minutes ago, yossarian said:

Does scouting party work with advanced positions? Can I voluntarily not use scout 1 from AP in order to be eligible for scouting party?

Yes, a unit with the Scouting Party keyword may use it during deployment, even when the Advanced Positions deployment is in play, assuming the targeted units have not already made a Scout move.

In your example, Wicket may indeed use his Scouting Party: 2 Ewok Troopers keyword on eligible Ewok units who did not themselves perform a Scout move prior. A unit with Scout X is not required to make such a move upon being deployed.

Hope this helps,
Seth

• Seth locked this topic