Welcome! ×
Atomic Mass Games Forum

Hela, Queen of Hel, collision damage

On 12/27/2023 at 10:27 AM, TheGamersGuild said:

If an injured Hela has two souls tokens and is thrown into another character and that collision results in the other character becoming dazed or KO’D is Hela able to gather that soul in time to use Queen of Hel.

Maybe.

The thrower decides the order the characters involved in the collision suffer damage. 

Just for clarity and devil's advocate I'm assuming this is because you are looking at the collision of the character's to be simultaneous but i can see an interoperation that while there is no 'then' in the rules but they are two separate sentences. A Thrown character that collides with another character suffers 1 damage. The other character must make a Dodge roll (p. 18) to avoid being damaged by the Throw.

Secondly if it is simultaneous wouldn't it be the active player's choice and not the throwers to decide which to apply first for rare cases like Hero's for hire and Comrade's keeper. 

2 hours ago, jstnmayo said:

Just for clarity and devil's advocate I'm assuming this is because you are looking at the collision of the character's to be simultaneous but i can see an interoperation that while there is no 'then' in the rules but they are two separate sentences. A Thrown character that collides with another character suffers 1 damage. The other character must make a Dodge roll (p. 18) to avoid being damaged by the Throw.

Secondly if it is simultaneous wouldn't it be the active player's choice and not the throwers to decide which to apply first for rare cases like Hero's for hire and Comrade's keeper. 

Yes. The damage from collisions would be simultaneous so the order is chosen by the thrower. 

Page 16 of the core rulebook covers this in the call out at the top of the page. Players choose the order of their effects (not their opponents effects). Because the collision damage is an effect of the Throw, the thrower chooses the order the damage is applied.