Welcome! ×
Atomic Mass Games Forum

Vison's Rapid Phase and other's like it.

I understand that Vision's Rapid Phaze states that if he is targeted by an attack he can choose what phase type he is in. But let's say someone targets him with a physical attack and he choose the high density phase type. Then since it's still the attacking characters activation and they have not spent the action for the attack yet, they could just decide "okay, then I'll target you with my energy attack instead." This would then force vision to spend 2 power again to rapid phase. This could just be an endless loop where the attack forces vision to drain his power and still keep both their actions finally attacking him when he has no power.

Is their a rule that states if once you've targeted someone with an attack you have to stick to that attack? 

6 minutes ago, jffb213 said:

Then since it's still the attacking characters activation and they have not spent the action for the attack yet

They have spent the action for the attack. 

6 minutes ago, jffb213 said:

Is there a rule that states if once you've targeted someone with an attack you have to stick to that attack?

Vision’s Rapid Phase triggers during step 2d of the attack timing chart found in Appendix A. At this point the attacker has already committed to the attack.