Welcome! ×
Atomic Mass Games Forum

Adding Dice to an Attack Action

What I've been reading in the forums so far is that typically, when a superpower adds dice to an attack, and that attack is a beam or area, only the first 'attack' gets the bonus dice and not any after it. Is this universally the case, or are there exceptions? I noticed the Smash TTC says attacks, so I assume it would break that rule. Do I understand this correctly, and are there other situations where every attack in a beam/area would get the benefit of added dice? If so, what's the verbiage that distinguishes the two? Attack/attack action/attacks/etc.

• 1 month later...
On 2/7/2024 at 8:48 PM, FlyingRhino said:

What I've been reading in the forums so far is that typically, when a superpower adds dice to an attack, and that attack is a beam or area, only the first 'attack' gets the bonus dice and not any after it. Is this universally the case, or are there exceptions?

That is universally the case when the superpower references a single attack.

I noticed the Smash TTC says attacks, so I assume it would break that rule.

You are correct. Smash has different phrasing so it works differently. 

are there other situations where every attack in a beam/area would get the benefit of added dice? If so, what's the verbiage that distinguishes the two? Attack/attack action/attacks/etc

Yes, there are superpowers that affect an entire beam and area attack. You can see this in superpowers like Friday A.I. on Iron Man and the Joint Effort Team Tactic Card.

Thanks, and just so it's clear in my head, when the verbiage attack action is in the superpower, it would affect every attack in a beam or area (and rapid fire/ricochet/flurry/etc?) done within that action per your example. If it says the next attack, it is only referring to the first attack made in the situation, like baron mordo and thanos's reactive superpowers.

On 3/14/2024 at 2:45 PM, FlyingRhino said:

Thanks, and just so it's clear in my head, when the verbiage attack action is in the superpower, it would affect every attack in a beam or area (and rapid fire/ricochet/flurry/etc?) done within that action per your example.

That’s correct.

On 3/14/2024 at 2:45 PM, FlyingRhino said:

If it says the next attack, it is only referring to the first attack made in the situation, like baron mordo and thanos's reactive superpowers.

That is usually correct. Joint Effort does not follow this, but that is due to different phrasing.