Welcome! ×
Atomic Mass Games Forum

Referencing self created objects - clash between magneto ruling and pentagram ruling

In the most recent FAQ, we learn that while magneto's powers all just generically reference "metallic construct" for their abilities, that reference actually means "metallic constructs created by this magneto".   In other words, if your opponent also has a magneto, their metallic constructs do not count as metallic constructs for the purposes of your abilities.

Pentagram of Farallah seems to be the same exact situation - a card controlled by a single player creates objects on the board and then it references them for its rules.   One would think, therefore, it would work the same as magneto does, since its the same situation - when the pentagram card rules reference a pentagram object, it would only count those created by THAT ONE INSTANCE of the card, and not ones created by your opponents card.   However, I've been told pentagram of Farallah has been ruled differently.   Instead, pentagram has been ruled that when IT references the name of the object, it counts both yours and your opponents objects, not just yours

Why is the same rule applied differently on two different cards? When the next player controlled card comes out that creates objects, how do i know if it follows the magneto ruling or the pentagram ruling?  Is there a rule that we've been given that separates the two situations that i've missed (and showing me where that is would be appreciated), or one that we dont know about but will be added to the faq, or will it be model by model basis and we'll just have to memorize which ones are which?    

So this one is a little awkward - Generally speaking when game rules are restrictive they will say so. However, we ran into some issues with Magneto's stat card - we had too many cool rules when we went to make the physical stat card. So we originally had language in the rules to address this, but was one of the things removed from the card with the plan of Day 1 clarification on it (which occurred). We opted to go this route rather than remove interesting, fun, and exciting rules from Magneto.