Welcome! ×
Atomic Mass Games Forum

Paranoia Pummels Populace Scoring Interactions - Dazed, Multiple Instances

Hi there, two questions related to scoring the new Paranoia Pummels Populace scenario. 

1. Say I have two of the Disturbances. Character A holds one and is within 2 of character B… in addition character C has one within 2 of character D. Does the last paragraph about the additional vps trigger a maximum of one time, or did I set off that trigger twice? Do I earn 3 or 4 VPs for that scenario this cleanup phase?

2. Character A holds a disturbance within 2 of Character B, but character B is dazed. Do they trigger the second scoring scenario? Do I receive 1 or 2 VPs between the two of them?

Edited by schuurthing

On 12/10/2022 at 11:01 AM, schuurthing said:

Say I have two of the Disturbances. Character A holds one and is within 2 of character B… in addition character C has one within 2 of character D. Does the last paragraph about the additional vps trigger a maximum of one time, or did I set off that trigger twice? Do I earn 3 or 4 VPs for that scenario this cleanup phase?

You will score 3 VP. Having two characters holding Disturbances within Range 2 of another allied character satisfies the “one or more” clause that grants the bonus VP. 

On 12/10/2022 at 11:01 AM, schuurthing said:

Character A holds a disturbance within 2 of Character B, but character B is dazed. Do they trigger the second scoring scenario? Do I receive 1 or 2 VPs between the two of them?

You will receive 2 VP as you have satisfied the requirements for the bonus VP. 

Additionally, the bonus VP is scored in step 1 of the Cleanup Phase when the rest of the VPs are scored. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, roguemind28 said:

Is this on page 14, where dazed character cannot contest objectives?  Just want to see where in the rules which it says Dazed character cannot contribute to VP.

Page 21, near the bottom. “Dazed characters never contribute to scoring conditions.”