Jump to content
Welcome! ×
Atomic Mass Games Forum

Recommended Posts

There is no Clambering anymore, just Climbing
 
Climbing, normally only Trooper base (Slotted base, no) figures can climb.
 
Climbing needs to be used when trying to move through Obstacles that are taller than the Trooper silhouette.
 
"To perform a climb, a unit performs a move as normal, except
that it must use the speed-1 tool. A miniature may move a
vertical distance up to height 1 when making a climb and may
place the movement tool overlapping obstacle terrain that is
taller than the height of the moving unit’s silhouette."
Does this speed-1 restriction apply to both Open and Difficult Obstacles? Or only to Difficult?
 
What about climbing DOWN from a tall obstacle? Normal speed or speed-1?
 
Climbing can be done to height 1.
 
Expert Climber can climb to height 2.
 
Scale can climb to height 2, and does not reduce speed if climbing Difficult. So when climbing, use full speed or still only speed-1?
 
"Jump X: The unit performs a move action as normal and can ignore or end its movement on top of terrain that is height X or lower. While performing a move with the Jump X action, a unit ignores the effects of difficult terrain and other miniatures with a height equal to or lower than X. When a unit performs the Jump X action, measure height from that unit’s starting position." Um, what about Impassable? Can or can not jump over or onto?
 
Impassable Obstacles can not be climbed unless unit has special rule to do so. In the rules, Repulsor Vehicles can move over Impassable terrain, but does not say if there is a height restriction.
 
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello!

2 hours ago, Mdublade said:
Does this speed-1 restriction apply to both Open and Difficult Obstacles? Or only to Difficult?

Both. The Speed-1 movement speed is native to the Climb move action and has nothing to do with a unit's printed movement or reducing it.

2 hours ago, Mdublade said:
What about climbing DOWN from a tall obstacle? Normal speed or speed-1?

As per the Moving Through Terrain entry on page 25, "If they wish to move onto, off of, or through obstacle terrain greater than the height of their silhouette...". You must peform a Climb move to "climb down."

2 hours ago, Mdublade said:
Scale can climb to height 2, and does not reduce speed if climbing Difficult. So when climbing, use full speed or still only speed-1?

As stated above, regardless of whether or not the Obstacle terrain was deemed difficult, a unit will perform a Climb move as normal, at speed-1.

2 hours ago, Mdublade said:

Um, what about Impassable? Can or can not jump over or onto?

The Jump X keyword states the unit can ignore terrain (meaning all types) that is height X or lower. This will be made more clear in a future update.

2 hours ago, Mdublade said:
Impassable Obstacles can not be climbed unless unit has special rule to do so. In the rules, Repulsor Vehicles can move over Impassable terrain, but does not say if there is a height restriction.

All unit types can perform a standard move over obstacle terrain that is less than the height of their silhouette, so that is the maximum height of impassable obstacle terrain over which a repulsor vehicle may naturally move.

Hope this helps,
Seth

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Seth locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...