Welcome! ×
Atomic Mass Games Forum

Noob question - attacks' special rules and their costs

Helloooooo everyone.

My friends and I are starting to play Marvel Crisis Protocol and have a debate about the special rules that an attack can trigger.

If an attack has several special rules that can trigger, do I need only one of each of the symbols to trigger all of them or do I need as many results as symbols I have?

An example: Kingping has the Headbutt attack, which has two special rules, Stun and Push. If I get only one wild, do I trigger both or only one of them?

In the rulebook it says "If a special rule has one or more icons with it, and the final attack roll contains at least that many dice showing those icons, the effect of the special rule is applied to the attack", so I understand that (in my example) I can only trigger one of them and that I need two wild results to activate both.

Thanks 😁

P.S.: I've searched the forum and haven't found any answer to a similar question, my apologies if this is answered somewhere.

Edited by valentsigma

4 hours ago, valentsigma said:

If an attack has several special rules that can trigger, do I need only one of each of the symbols to trigger all of them or do I need as many results as symbols I have?

An example: Kingping has the Headbutt attack, which has two special rules, Stun and Push. If I get only one wild, do I trigger both or only one of them?

Dice results are not spent to activate special rules. 

In your Kingpin example, one Wild will trigger both effects.