Welcome! ×
Atomic Mass Games Forum

Question regarding a closed transported unit in an AA5. 

My understanding is that the rules basically state that if a closed transport moves twice then the dissembarking unit takes two actions to disembark (place in base contact with transport and perform a speed 1 move). But if the AA5 only moves once, then the unit can disembark for 1 action and then perform a second actin if able.

My question, however, is if the AA5 moves and takes a standby action, then later spends the standby to move, can the unit disembark and still have an action, or just disembark because the AA5 moves twice (even though one is the result of a triggered standby)? Thanks!

Hello,

14 hours ago, yossarian said:

My question, however, is if the AA5 moves and takes a standby action, then later spends the standby to move, can the unit disembark and still have an action, or just disembark because the AA5 moves twice (even though one is the result of a triggered standby)? Thanks!

The disembark rules do not concern with how many moves the transport makes during its activation, but rather "if a vehicle that is transporting that unit has performed more than one non-pivot move during the current round...".

If the standby token is spent by the A-A5 Speeder Truck to perform an additional move prior to the transported unit disembarking, then it will have performed more than one non-pivot move during the current round and the transported unit will lose its additional actions and free actions to disembark.

Hope this helps,
Seth

• Seth locked this topic