Welcome! ×
Atomic Mass Games Forum

Hi! I have 2 questions about unit with a Hostage upgrade card.

1. After placing a unit with a hostage on the battlefield, player performs a speed-1 move with that unit. What happen if that unit has scout (recon intel upgrade)? Will the opponent move the unit to an extra move-1, or will the unit owner be able to move it?

2. The Hostage upgrade card says "During round 1, enemy unit cannot start a melee with or attack you, and you gain IMMUNE: ENEMY EFFECTS". 
Then the next situations appears: after the deployment hostages, I'm deloying Dewback and making scout-1 move and reaching an opponent's unit with a hostage (advanced position deployment card). Because Deployment is not a Round 1 - is that possible to displace enemy unit with a hostage and put suppression token on it?

Hello,

1 hour ago, SergeyStark said:

1. After placing a unit with a hostage on the battlefield, player performs a speed-1 move with that unit. What happen if that unit has scout (recon intel upgrade)? Will the opponent move the unit to an extra move-1, or will the unit owner be able to move it

A unit selected for the Hostage Exchange card is placed during the resolution of the Objective Card during setup. It is not deployed, and will not be able to use the Scout keyword.

1 hour ago, SergeyStark said:

2. The Hostage upgrade card says "During round 1, enemy unit cannot start a melee with or attack you, and you gain IMMUNE: ENEMY EFFECTS". 
Then the next situations appears: after the deployment hostages, I'm deloying Dewback and making scout-1 move and reaching an opponent's unit with a hostage (advanced position deployment card). Because Deployment is not a Round 1 - is that possible to displace enemy unit with a hostage and put suppression token on it?

Displacement is not an enemy effect. Yes, a Dewback may displace a unit with an hostage objective token; at any time!

Hope this helps,
Seth

• Seth locked this topic