Welcome! ×
Atomic Mass Games Forum

Both Kalani, Super Tactical Droid and Kraken, Super Tactical Droid have the Tactical Network active ability and have an active ability icon as part of their respective Combat Trees.  If Kalani and Kraken are in the same strike team (different squads presumably), and assuming all range and other conditions are met, could Kalani make an attack during that results in enough successes to allow Kalani to use Tactical Network to grant Kraken a 5-dice attack, that itself results in enough successes to allow Kraken to grant Kalani a second attack (albeit the second one being a 5-dice attack)?

• 1 month later...

I wanted to ask that if I have Kalani,Kraken and another unit with a Battle Droid keyword during Kalani's attack I trigger his combat tree ability that is Tactical Network  to use  and then choose Kraken to make a 5 die attack.If that attack reaches the combat tree ability can I use actical Network again on another Battle Droid unit?

On 6/5/2023 at 5:36 PM, RulesLawyerLV said:

Both Kalani, Super Tactical Droid and Kraken, Super Tactical Droid have the Tactical Network active ability and have an active ability icon as part of their respective Combat Trees.  If Kalani and Kraken are in the same strike team (different squads presumably), and assuming all range and other conditions are met, could Kalani make an attack during that results in enough successes to allow Kalani to use Tactical Network to grant Kraken a 5-dice attack, that itself results in enough successes to allow Kraken to grant Kalani a second attack (albeit the second one being a 5-dice attack)?

The Active ability triggered by a Combat Tree option cannot be used unless it is the attacking character’s activation. 

Your scenario cannot happen. 

2 hours ago, Blipvert said:

To follow up on this, if a character uses an active ability on their turn and then is granted an active ability from the combat tree, they could not use it because it can only be used once per turn. Is that correct? 

That is correct. The once per turn limit will apply.