Welcome! ×
Atomic Mass Games Forum

Climbing outside an ingress point

After reading the rules, carefully, it appears that a character can change elevation through the “climb” move action at any time as long as it is within short of any part of the terrain piece it is climbing. 

The ingress points seem to be for changing elevation after ending the “advance” move action within range 1 of an said point. 

Am I correct? 

3 hours ago, kfisher109 said:

The ingress points seem to be for changing elevation after ending the “advance” move action within range 1 of an said point. 

Am I correct? 

Ingress points are used after Advance, Dash, Climb, and Jump movements. 

Include the additional three types of movement, and yes, you have it correct. 

13 hours ago, kfisher109 said:

After reading the rules, carefully, it appears that a character can change elevation through the “climb” move action at any time as long as it is within short of any part of the terrain piece it is climbing. 

Thank you for the clarification!

Not to put to find a point on it, but just to make sure my initial question was included in your approval, moving to a different elevation, does NOT require an ingress point. Only the use of the ”climb” move action using the dash movement tool while standing anywhere next to eligible terrain. 

On 6/19/2023 at 10:48 AM, kfisher109 said:

Thank you for the clarification!

Not to put to find a point on it, but just to make sure my initial question was included in your approval, moving to a different elevation, does NOT require an ingress point. Only the use of the ”climb” move action using the dash movement tool while standing anywhere next to eligible terrain. 

Climb is not the only movement that lets a character go up in elevation. Jump allows it as well for example.

You are correct about the ingress point not being a requirement to move up or down elevation.