Welcome! ×
Atomic Mass Games Forum

Confused by Ruling on Combat Tree

I just saw this question and answer:

"On the first step we have repositioning, and if we use it can we continue using shove on other spots in the damage track, even if we are out of engagement after repositioning?

Yes."

I'm confused (and maybe playing the game incorrectly).

Wouldn't the shove(s) be resolved before the reposition even takes place?

Combat Tree options are resolved in the order they occur during the progress down the tree, so if a model reposition in the first option and then shoves in later options, you would perform them in that order. The only exception is an Active ability effect, which would resolve in step 10c.

On 7/18/2023 at 11:03 PM, Thoras said:

Combat Tree options are resolved in the order they occur during the progress down the tree, so if a model reposition in the first option and then shoves in later options, you would perform them in that order. The only exception is an Active ability effect, which would resolve in step 10c.

So then I really am confused.

I swear I read in the book that Personal Effects are resolved last, after Direct Effects, and Direct Effects are all resolved after the damage pool has been applied, but I can't find that now.  

I guess I'm just crazy.

Thanks for the info.

2 hours ago, Sleboda said:

So then I really am confused.

I swear I read in the book that Personal Effects are resolved last, after Direct Effects, and Direct Effects are all resolved after the damage pool has been applied, but I can't find that now.  

I guess I'm just crazy.

Thanks for the info.

I believe you are thinking of the text at the bottom left of page 14. This is related to entries in the expertise chart though rather than entries from the combat tree.

On 7/20/2023 at 9:12 AM, Thoras said:

I believe you are thinking of the text at the bottom left of page 14. This is related to entries in the expertise chart though rather than entries from the combat tree.

Doh!

Yeah.

Thanks.