Welcome! ×
Atomic Mass Games Forum

The Bar With No Doors - Choosing

I am affiliated convocation, so get the Bar With No Doors added to my team tactics cards at the start of the game. When I go to pick an active leadership ability, am I allowed to choose no Convocation characters to play the Bar With No Doors or do I have to choose one?

If I don't choose a character, does the card sit unusable in my team tactics card during the game?

Thanks!

Edited by Dyson

On 8/22/2023 at 12:41 AM, Dyson said:

I am affiliated convocation, so get the Bar With No Doors added to my team tactics cards at the start of the game

This is not a requirement, but is something you can do, yes.

On 8/22/2023 at 12:41 AM, Dyson said:

When I go to pick an active leadership ability, am I allowed to choose no Convocation characters to play the Bar With No Doors or do I have to choose one?

It is not a may, so you are required to choose a character.

On point one can you clarify that?  I thought Bar With No Doors was one of your 10 Tactics cards for list building, and when you built the team it was assigned to a character automatically, and so did not count as one of your 5.  Does your answer mean that it does not have to be one of your 10?

2 hours ago, Wormy said:

I thought Bar With No Doors was one of your 10 Tactics cards for list building, and when you built the team it was assigned to a character automatically, and so did not count as one of your 5

It does take one of the 10 team tactic “slots” in your roster, yes. It has a special clause in the rules of the card that also says you get it in addition to the normal allotment of team tactics cards in your squad(so it is a “free” 6th card)

It’s not assigned automatically, but you do have to assign it.

2 hours ago, Wormy said:

Does your answer mean that it does not have to be one of your 10?

It does if you want to play it.

The original posters wording implied that it’s added to your squad automatically just because you are a convocation affiliated squad. I was clarifying that it’s not automatic, you have to choose to include it in your squad from your roster. Once you’ve chosen to include it for that game though, you are forced to pick a character.