Welcome! ×
Atomic Mass Games Forum

Consider: A Ladder (attached to Gantry) and near a Wall; Question: is their size restriction for movement between?

So I have a ladder reaching up to a gantry. On one side of the ladder is a building wall. The space between the ladder and the wall is less than 40mm. Does that mean a figure cannot pass thru this gap during “movement”? What if the gap was exactly 45mm? A 40mmm base can pass but what about 50mm base? Now for the same 2 scenarios, replace the wall with a Gantry leg (ladder and leg now). I am trying to figure out if the ladder can be used as terrain pathway blockage.

This also makes me wonder about the second story door in the terrain expansion set. No current base can fit thru that door. Is that a movement restriction as well to get to gantry shelf?

Thanks guys thinking about my questions.

17 hours ago, BarefootExec said:

Does that mean a figure cannot pass thru this gap during “movement”?

It depends on the type of movement and how the players have defined the terrain on the battlefield. 

For some movements, for example Push and Place, the moving character will move along the tool, and depending on agreed terrain definitions, possibly stop when it contacts the terrain you have described. 

For other movements, Advance, Climb, Dash, Place and Jump for example, characters do not move along the specified tool. If the placement of the tool is correct (taking into account the definitions of the terrain the players agreed to at the beginning of the game), the moving character is picked up and then put back onto the battlefield in contact with the tool. If the character fits in the desired final position, it makes it there. 

Thank you for your thoughtful response. 

I was really thinking about dash and advance. I kinda thought the tool was a path, but that makes sense.

I was aware of push and pull restrictions. But wasn’t thinking about those restrictions when I wrote my question. Thanks for your clarifications.