Welcome! ×
Atomic Mass Games Forum

Units cannot move through a ground vehicle. However, what happens if the base of a ground vehicle is at an angle due to terrain (of less than 45degrees to the table surface) such that it creates a physical gap underneath the model's base that is large enough for the movement tool to be placed flat on the table in line with the rules for movement?

Could a unit (not on a notched base) perform a move "under" the vehicle?

Follow on question: a model's base cannot be placed overlapping another model's base. What does this mean specifically? Do the two bases need to be physically touching each other (i.e. on top of), or does it count as overlapping if the base of one model is not touching another, but when viewed from top down on a 2D plane the lower base is partially obscured by the higher base (i.e. above)? If the latter, does terrain override this - such as a bridge or ledge?

Thanks.

Hello,

13 hours ago, Farsighted Iden said:

However, what happens if the base of a ground vehicle is at an angle due to terrain (of less than 45degrees to the table surface) such that it creates a physical gap underneath the model's base that is large enough for the movement tool to be placed flat on the table in line with the rules for movement?

Could a unit (not on a notched base) perform a move "under" the vehicle?

Assuming the movement tool has been legally placed and is not overlapping units or terrain the unit may not move through, the unit may perform such a move underneath a vehicle.

13 hours ago, Farsighted Iden said:

Follow on question: a model's base cannot be placed overlapping another model's base. What does this mean specifically? Do the two bases need to be physically touching each other (i.e. on top of), or does it count as overlapping if the base of one model is not touching another, but when viewed from top down on a 2D plane the lower base is partially obscured by the higher base (i.e. above)? If the latter, does terrain override this - such as a bridge or ledge?

If the minis' bases are placed atop one another or their silhouettes would occupy the same space, they are overlapping. If a bridge, ledge, or other physical elevation prevents this from happening, they may occupy the same "vertical/2D" space.

Hope this helps,
Seth

• Seth locked this topic