Welcome! ×
Atomic Mass Games Forum

Who detonates bombing run tokens?

If my opponent drops a bomb within range 1 of my deployment Zone, and I move a trooper unit in base contact with the unclaimed token, can I use claim to flip it to its claimed side and gain control of it? If so, if my unit now dies, the token then reverts to its unclaimed side, can my opponent then detonate the bomb token? Or because I controlled it at one point, does it remain unclaimed?

Hello,

From the Bombing Run objective card, with my emphasis: "At the end of the Activation Phase, each player may detonate 1 unclaimed objective token that was flipped to its unclaimed side with the Drop ability by a unit they control."

--------------------------------------------

12 hours ago, yossarian said:

can I use claim to flip it to its claimed side and gain control of it?

Yes. Either player may use the Claim action to claim unclaimed objective tokens, regardless of how they were flipped to their unclaimed side or by whom.

12 hours ago, yossarian said:

If so, if my unit now dies, the token then reverts to its unclaimed side, can my opponent then detonate the bomb token?

Your opponent may not detonate the unclaimed objective token, as it was not flipped to its unclaimed side with the Drop free action performed by a unit they control.

Hope this helps,
Seth

• Seth locked this topic