Jump to content
Welcome! ×
Atomic Mass Games Forum

Recommended Posts

Hello there.

Do Overrun attacks need a line of sight from the overruning unit leader to any overruned mini to be performed?

And if so, is it after the move only, or can i overrun during the move that allow me to hide behind an obstacle? (assuming the maneuver tool is allways overlapping the target).

Linked question: if i see only X mini of the overruned unit, am i still limited to doing X wounds for this attack? do i check the number of minis before and/or after the overruning move?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello there,

Overrun attacks, while not specifically ranged or melee attacks, are still attacks and follow the attack sequence. The first step of the attack sequence, Declare Defender, has the attacking player declare a defending unit, which must have at least one miniature in LOS to the attacking unit leader.

----------------------------------------------------

On 1/25/2024 at 12:59 PM, Carey said:

Do Overrun attacks need a line of sight from the overruning unit leader to any overruned mini to be performed?

Yes.

On 1/25/2024 at 12:59 PM, Carey said:

And if so, is it after the move only, or can i overrun during the move that allow me to hide behind an obstacle? (assuming the maneuver tool is allways overlapping the target).

An overrun attack is performed after a move is completed. It is at this point you will declare a defender and perform the rest of the attack sequence. If the attacking unit has LOS to no enemy units it or its movement tool overlapped, it may not perform an overrun attack.

On 1/25/2024 at 12:59 PM, Carey said:

Linked question: if i see only X mini of the overruned unit, am i still limited to doing X wounds for this attack? do i check the number of minis before and/or after the overruning move?

The  Suffering Wounds and Defeating Miniatures step does apply to overrun attacks as others, and so a defending unit may only be able to suffer a certain amount of wounds based on the wound threshold of visible miniatures. As above, this check for enemy miniatures in LOS is performed during the overrun attack sequence, which will occur after a move and not prior.

Hope this helps,
Seth

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Seth locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...