Welcome! ×
Atomic Mass Games Forum

Damage order for Sovereign Strike, Punisher's Warzone and Mystique's Expert Sabotage

When an effect like Sovereign Strike, Punisher's Warzone or Mystique's Expert Sabotage is resolved and multiple characters are damaged, in what order is the damage dealt?

Let's imagine a situation where I play Sovereign Strike to inflict two damages on an enemy Bullseye and an enemy Winter Soldier. Bullseye already have two wound tokens, while Winter Soldier only has two powers.

I would like to inflict damage to Bullseye first, in order to daze him, because Winter Solder doesn't yet have enough power to trigger Got Your Back and I don't want him gaining two powers from the two damages Sovereign Strike will inflict to him before Bullseye dazes.

Am I allowed to resolve it that way?

On 3/15/2024 at 10:26 PM, Ludo Chose said:

When an effect like Sovereign Strike, Punisher's Warzone or Mystique's Expert Sabotage is resolved and multiple characters are damaged, in what order is the damage dealt?

The player controlling the effect determines the order characters are damaged. 

5 hours ago, ba_tetsuo said:

Even if you resolve it in this order, bucky would still have the power to use got your back, since it happens after the effect is resolved though, correct?

Correct.