Welcome! ×
Atomic Mass Games Forum

For Hans 2 pip it states I need to have a unit with a face up order to attack that unit. I understand if I have a unit with a range 3 and 4 wepons. And I’m at range three of Han I would have to shoot all me wepons at him but if he’s at range four and another unit is at range 3 I can split fire. So fire support says eligible wepons for an attack can be added to the attack dice pool. Say I had a clone unit at range 3 of a unit I’m shooting but Han is at range 4 and my rps can shoot at Han. Would I be able to still contribute all wepons in that unit so 4 normal guys and a rps upgrade? Or since Han is an eligle unit I can’t add the dice from the rps. since the card text says I wound be have to attack him with that wepon instead of of the unit I’m shooting. 

In conclusion is Eligible dice still counted towards an attack pool even if the dice outside of the fire support would have to go into Han? 

Hi there,

The effects of Han Solo's Reckless Diversion command card apply when "When an enemy unit performs an attack...", during the Declare Defender step. As a unit using Fire Support is not performing an attack, it is not affected by the text of Reckless Diversion. The friendly unit that initially declared the attack, of course, will be impacted by Reckless Diversion when declaring a defender.

--------------------------

On 4/7/2024 at 7:11 PM, Wkcd said:

Say I had a clone unit at range 3 of a unit I’m shooting but Han is at range 4 and my rps can shoot at Han. Would I be able to still contribute all wepons in that unit so 4 normal guys and a rps upgrade? Or since Han is an eligle unit I can’t add the dice from the rps. since the card text says I wound be have to attack him with that wepon instead of of the unit I’m shooting. 

In conclusion is Eligible dice still counted towards an attack pool even if the dice outside of the fire support would have to go into Han? 

The unit using Fire Support may add all of its weapons as normal to the attack pool irrespective of its proximity to a unit with a faceup order token while Reckless Diversion is in play, as they are not performing an attack.

Hope this helps,
Seth

• Seth changed the title to Han Solo 2 pip vs fire support
  • Seth locked this topic