Welcome! ×
Atomic Mass Games Forum

Hello! My question is about the resolution of the team tactics card Joint Effort and its interaction with grunt characters. If I have play Joint Effort with Elektra and she’s  targeting a character that the Hand Ninjas are within range 2 of, do I add the additional dice? The question stems from the rule in the Grunt Appendix that they cannot be chosen by the effects of the allied team tactics cards.

I believe in this instance the Ninjas are not being chosen by the effect and are just part of a condition being met for Elektra to benefit from the cards effect, but I wanted to double check that they count as an allied character per the tactics card and aren’t excluded due to being grunts.

39 minutes ago, TheKnight said:

Hello! My question is about the resolution of the team tactics card Joint Effort and its interaction with grunt characters. If I have play Joint Effort with Elektra and she’s  targeting a character that the Hand Ninjas are within range 2 of, do I add the additional dice?

Yes

40 minutes ago, TheKnight said:

I believe in this instance the Ninjas are not being chosen by the effect and are just part of a condition being met for Elektra to benefit from the cards effect

This is correct. The card has to literally use the word "chose" in order for the rules surrounding Grunts to prevent it.