Welcome! ×
Atomic Mass Games Forum

Pushing, shoving, and pulling as it relates to terrains

Posted (edited)

When pushing, pulling, or shoving, does just the template need to be able to fit past the gap between terrain/other characters in order for the moved object to move past them or does the entire base of the moved object need to fit? For example, the ARF trooper is force pushed in this direction by another character (unseen in this photo), does he get pushed all the way to the end of the template or does he stop when he would bump into Ponds or the crates? I have two play groups that play it differently and want to know what is officially correct. I’m of the mind that he would be pushed past them because that seems more in the “spirit of the game” but I would like to know for sure.

IMG_1313.jpeg

Edited by Sunset_cyber
Clarity of my question

On 5/31/2024 at 8:09 AM, Sunset_cyber said:

When pushing, pulling, or shoving, does just the template need to be able to fit past the gap between terrain/other characters in order for the moved object to move past them or does the entire base of the moved object need to fit?

The base needs to move past without contacting something that would stop the movement.

On 5/31/2024 at 8:09 AM, Sunset_cyber said:

For example, the ARF trooper is force pushed in this direction by another character (unseen in this photo), does he get pushed all the way to the end of the template or does he stop when he would bump into Ponds or the crates?

If you review the first bullet of the push or pull section of page 24, you can see that

"If an object would contact a character or terrain feature at the same or higher Elevation than the Pushed or Pulled object, the movement ends immediately"

The ARF trooper contacting Pond's base would satisfy this criteria and cause the ARF to stop moving.

The same would be true of the ARF Trooper contacting the crates if the crates have been defined as a separate terrain feature from the gantry they are placed on.