Welcome! ×
Atomic Mass Games Forum

Throws and Starting location

So according to page 17,

"As a thrown character moves along the movement tool, it stops if its base contacts or would overlap another character’s base or a terrain feature."

If I start in base to base with someone when I go to throw them, even if it is away from the person they are touching, the throw is stopped immediatly due to contacting another characters base.   It mentions :

"Ignore the character performing the throw and any terrain features the thrown character started overlapping when determining a thrown character’s collisions."

So if I was overlapping terrain it would ignore it.   But not touching characters seeing as at the start my throw touches immediately.  Can you confirm if I throw away from someone I am in BTB with that they do not collide with them or if they do.  I am not talking about the throwing character but if I had 2 other models touching.

3 hours ago, Noble Minis said:

So if I was overlapping terrain it would ignore it.   But not touching characters seeing as at the start my throw touches immediately.  Can you confirm if I throw away from someone I am in BTB with that they do not collide with them or if they do.  I am not talking about the throwing character but if I had 2 other models touching.

The throw will stop only if contact is made during the movement. Contact existing before the movement does not stop the movement from the throw.