Welcome! ×
Atomic Mass Games Forum

is choosing a character the same as targeting them?

I ask the above question because it came up in a game.  it is in regards to the Book of Cagliostro TTC.  it says to choose a convocation character.  the real question is can you choose a dazed character?  I understand that if the answer is yes the dazed character can still not play the card.  but can you choose the dazed character then have other characters within range 3 of them play it paying all appropriate costs to remove their activation tokens?

Choose and target are not the same thing.

You can choose a dazed character, yes. 

The chosen character is required to play the card to be able to use the Book of Cagliostro though.  All three characters have to be able to play the card.

You also seem to have a bit of a misunderstanding about what the card does.

The chosen character and two other characters are spending 2 each(6 total) to remove a single activation token - the token from the chosen character. You don’t remove multiple activation tokens.

one more related question.  so reading this again you are saying it effectively costs 3 energy 2 each from the chosen model and 2 from 2 others within range 3.  the part that misled me was that is says that they May spend 2 energy.  doesn't the use of the word may imply they are not required to spend the 2 energy?  that being the case it should not really use the word "may".   simply removing the word may would make it manditory for each to pay the 2 energy.

On 1/9/2022 at 11:37 AM, Saramin said:

one more related question.  so reading this again you are saying it effectively costs 3 energy 2 each from the chosen model and 2 from 2 others within range 3.  the part that misled me was that is says that they May spend 2 energy.  doesn't the use of the word may imply they are not required to spend the 2 energy?  that being the case it should not really use the word "may".   simply removing the word may would make it manditory for each to pay the 2 energy.

6 power, 2 each from 3 characters.

This is standard wording on tactics cards and indicates that playing the card is optional. No character is forced to play the card.

If they choose not to pay the power, they are choosing not to play the card though and the card requires 3 characters to choose to pay two power each for it to be played.

• Thoras locked this topic