Welcome! ×
Atomic Mass Games Forum

Pardon Me, Sugah and enemy characters

Had this discussion come up the other day with some other players, couldnt find a thread for it, and want some clarification; when an effect is chosen for "Pardon Me, Sugah", does it matter if the character within range of the character playing the card is allied or not.

For example, my Rogue plays PMS and selects the Magneto effect. There is an enemy Magneto within R2 of the Rogue who played the card, so does this mean that the condition to gain the effect is met, even though the Magneto is not allied?

Our understanding is that the condition is met as the condition doesn't specify an "allied Magneto". However, the card Yoink does specify that it must be an allied character for the condition, meaning that a precedent has been set for cards of this type (selected conditional multi-effect).

If this isn't the case, then why not? If the card requires an allied character why hasn't it been errated to reflect that.

2 hours ago, 238ra said:

Had this discussion come up the other day with some other players, couldnt find a thread for it, and want some clarification; when an effect is chosen for "Pardon Me, Sugah", does it matter if the character within range of the character playing the card is allied or not.

No

2 hours ago, 238ra said:

For example, my Rogue plays PMS and selects the Magneto effect. There is an enemy Magneto within R2 of the Rogue who played the card, so does this mean that the condition to gain the effect is met, even though the Magneto is not allied?

Yes