Welcome! ×
Atomic Mass Games Forum

Throws from elevated positions

If for example Magneto and an enemy character stands on top of a Size 5 Building with a clear LOS. Can i pick up and throw stuff at the enemy from streetlevel or will it collide with the building first? For example: Both are on the roof and i want to throw a car from streetlevel at the enemy.

Selfanswer: Since the throw is done from the throwing character it can be done.

Change of question: If a character (on the roof) would throw an enemy character (streetlevel) in the direction of the house. Does the throw go over the building or make a sudden stop at the wall of the building?

On 4/19/2023 at 3:10 AM, Kryik said:

If for example Magneto and an enemy character stands on top of a Size 5 Building with a clear LOS. Can i pick up and throw stuff at the enemy from streetlevel or will it collide with the building first? For example: Both are on the roof and i want to throw a car from streetlevel at the enemy

First note here...magneto's throw doesn't require LOS anywhere, so don't worry about taking this into consideration. You probably will have LOS anyways due to needing a clear path for the movement template, but better to not mix it into the process just in case some edge case occurs.

On 4/19/2023 at 3:37 AM, Kryik said:

Selfanswer: Since the throw is done from the throwing character it can be done.

Correct

On 4/19/2023 at 3:37 AM, Kryik said:

Change of question: If a character (on the roof) would throw an enemy character (streetlevel) in the direction of the house. Does the throw go over the building or make a sudden stop at the wall of the building

Throwing characters and throwing terrain is slightly different. When throwing characters, you don't ignore terrain the thrower is overlapping, you ignore terrain the thrown character is overlapping. So in this case, they will be thrown into the building.