Welcome! ×
Atomic Mass Games Forum

Momentum when the struggle token doesn't move

Hello,

Page 20 of the rulebook states 

After a player moves the Struggle token at the end of their Turn, if the Struggle token remains on their opponent’s half of the Struggle Tracker, the active player gains a Momentum token.

Does "after a player moves the struggle token" refer to the token physically moving, or just that step happening? If a player scores no points and doesn't move the struggle token would they gain a momentum (provided the struggle token was on their opponent's side)?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

If the momentum token is on zero, a player scores no points and the token doesn’t physically move, does it count as moving for the purpose of triggering the momentum add for both players?

Ex: Struggle 3’s opening turn, Obi-Wan attacks Dooku, is unable to trigger a push on his attack tree, and cannot gain control of the point. Obi-Wan’s controlling player scores zero, the momentum tracker stays at zero. Do both players get momentum? 

Edited by fingerguns

If a player after their turn does not score any points, meaning they do not move the struggle token, does

If the token is on their opponents side, the active player get a momentum token?

if the token is on the 0 space, both player get a momentum token?

Under the momentum section, the rules state:

"After a player moves the Struggle token at the end of their Turn, if the Struggle token remains on their opponent’s half of the Struggle Tracker, the active player gains a Momentum token." 

If I am not controlling any objectives, and therefore move the Struggle token zero places, would I still get a Momentum token if the Struggle token is in my opponent's half of the tracker? 

Similarly, would we both get a Momentum token if the Struggle token remains on zero? 

On 5/20/2023 at 1:18 PM, zeusjus said:

Does "after a player moves the struggle token" refer to the token physically moving, or just that step happening? If a player scores no points and doesn't move the struggle token would they gain a momentum (provided the struggle token was on their opponent's side)?

It refers to that step happening. The Struggle token does not need to move for players to gain Momentum if the conditions for gaining Momentum are met given the final position of the Struggle token.

To answer the second question directly, yes, that player would gain Momentum.

On 6/7/2023 at 8:49 PM, rumckle said:

Under the momentum section, the rules state:

"After a player moves the Struggle token at the end of their Turn, if the Struggle token remains on their opponent’s half of the Struggle Tracker, the active player gains a Momentum token." 

If I am not controlling any objectives, and therefore move the Struggle token zero places, would I still get a Momentum token if the Struggle token is in my opponent's half of the tracker? 

Similarly, would we both get a Momentum token if the Struggle token remains on zero? 

This is answered above, but to answer you directly, yes to both of your questions.